Cressex Team Up to Clean Up: 30th June ’22 12pm-2pm
Join the Cressex BID Team for a ‘Team Up to Clean Up’ event on Cressex Business Park -30th June ’22 – 12pm-2pm.
Equipment, including litter pickers, hi vis vests and gloves, will be available to collect from Wycombe Trade Park car park, Lincoln Road, HP12 3HZ from 12pm-2pm on 30th June. Alternatively, if you would like equipment to be dropped off at your business on the morning of the litter pick please contact Margaret at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements and a named contact.
If you can come for any amount of time during the 12pm-2pm window, let the BID team know.
Why should you partake?
By joining the Team Up to Clean Up, you’ll be helping to make Cressex Business Park a better place to work, improving the appearance and the environment, as well as to working with your local community.
Come for as little or as long as you like, the litter picking sessions are for anyone who can spare as little as 10 minutes of their time as they can in helping to improve the local area.
Volunteers will be provided with all the necessary PPE and equipment by the BID including litter pickers, hi-vis and gloves.
Volunteers must be 18 years or older to participate in this event and participation is at volunteers’ own risk.
Please read the following guidelines prior to taking part in any litter picking activity:
1. Where possible work in pairs;
2. Wear appropriate clothing, shoes, gloves and hi vis;
3. Use litter pickers to collect waste into a suitable refuse bag;
4. Do not attempt to collect litter from the middle of the road;
5. Do not collect the following items:
o Broken glass
o Any biological waste products including dog faeces
Make a note of the location and contact the BID team and/or report to Fix My Street.
6. Do not carry heavy bags, there are a limited number of litter trolleys please advise if you would like to use one of these;
7. Do not continue to work in adverse weather conditions;
8. Do not put yourself or others in any compromising situations, if necessary stop what you are doing and leave the area;
9. Carry hand sanitiser and wash your hands thoroughly at the end of your litter pick;
10. Seal completed bag and either use an available bin or leave next to a public bin and advice the Cressex BID team of the location on 07850310592 or e-mail email@example.com;
11. When finished, please take a photo of your team (where applicable) and rubbish collected and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or upload onto the litter picking page of the Cressex Business Park website.